Canada’s Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, is one of Canada’s largest and most popular amusement parks. With over 200 attractions, it is a favorite destination for families and thrill-seekers alike.
In this article, we will take a closer look at Canada’s Wonderland, its history, attractions, and what makes it a must-visit destination for anyone looking for an exciting day out.
Official Website: https://www.canadaswonderland.com
|Location||Vaughan, Ontario, Canada|
|Opening Date||May 23, 1981|
|Number of Rides||70+|
|Number of Roller Coasters||17|
|Tallest Coaster||Yukon Striker at 223 feet|
|Fastest Coaster||Leviathan at 92 mph|
|Number of Water Rides||20+|
|Number of Live Shows||10+|
|Number of Restaurants||30+|
|Annual Attendance (2019)||3.9 million|
|Season||May to October|
|Operating Hours||Varies by day and season|
Canada’s Wonderland first opened its doors in 1981, and since then has expanded to become one of the largest and most popular amusement parks in Canada. Originally owned by Taft Broadcasting Company, the park was later acquired by Paramount Communications, and then by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, which currently operates the park.
With over 200 attractions, Canada’s Wonderland offers something for everyone. Here are just a few of the park’s most popular rides and attractions:
- Roller Coasters: Canada’s Wonderland is home to some of the world’s most thrilling roller coasters, including Leviathan, Behemoth, and Vortex.
- Water Rides: The park’s water rides, such as the White Water Canyon and Timberwolf Falls, are a refreshing way to cool off on hot summer days.
- Kid’s Rides: For younger visitors, the park offers a variety of gentle rides and attractions, including the Klockwerks and Jokey’s Jalopies.
- Live Entertainment: From acrobatic shows to musical performances, Canada’s Wonderland offers a variety of live entertainment options throughout the day.
Here is some important information to keep in mind when planning your visit to Canada’s Wonderland:
- Hours of Operation: The park is open from late spring to early fall, with daily hours varying throughout the season.
- Admission: Admission to the park varies depending on the day of the week and time of year. Tickets can be purchased online or at the park.
- Dining: Canada’s Wonderland offers a variety of dining options, from fast food to sit-down restaurants. There are also options for visitors with dietary restrictions.
- Accommodations: There are several hotels and campgrounds in the area for visitors who wish to stay overnight.
Here are some interesting facts about Canada’s Wonderland:
- The park spans over 330 acres, making it one of the largest amusement parks in the world.
- Behemoth, one of the park’s roller coasters, is the longest and fastest coaster in Canada.
- Canada’s Wonderland is home to the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur exhibit, called Dinosaurs Alive!
- The park has won numerous awards for its attractions, including Leviathan being named the Best New Ride in 2012 by Amusement Today.
Whether you’re a thrill-seeker or just looking for a fun day out with the family, Canada’s Wonderland has something for everyone. With its wide range of attractions and impressive record-breaking rides, it’s no wonder that the park continues to be one of Canada’s top tourist destinations.